My everyday name is Christopher. My Hebrew name is Avner (אבנר). As so many European Jews, I’m part of an interfaith family. I was born in 1972 at a small seaside locality on the southernmost tip of the Scandinavian Peninsula. Nowadays, my husband and I divide our time between the island of Gran Canaria in Spain and the city of Malmö in Sweden.
- Master of Arts from Lund University (2015).
- Bachelor of Arts from Lund University (2010).
- Practical philosophy and legal aspects of religious freedom.
- Religiously motivated violence, homophobia, and nationalism.
- Senior administrator at the Swedish Prosecution Authority (2018–present).
- Chief executive of the organisation Noaks Ark Syd (2017–2018).
- Lecturer in religion and the whole gamut of civil liberties (2015–2018).
- Executive chairman of the organisation RFSL Rådgivningen Skåne (2013–2017).
- Lay judge in the Appellate Court of Skåne and Blekinge (2011–2017).
- Lay judge in the Malmö District Court (2006–2010).
I have written and done research for a diversity of publications. I’m currently experimenting with fiction. In the autumn of 1995, I was one of eight entrepreneurs who founded QX, Scandinavia’s leading gay magazine. In the spring of 2000, I began to publish myself online. In addition to being an independent writer with literary ambitions, I have made a career in administration and management.
I became a mature student in 2005 when I enrolled at the Department of Philosophy and the Centre for Theology and Religious Studies at Lund University. As a civil libertarian, I devoted much of my academic studies to analyses of legal challenges to religious freedom, often caused by conflicts of interest between secular legislators and radicalised individuals or established minority groups trying to uphold doctrines.
Leisure activities are mostly linked to the arts. I enjoy both classical and modern art, I spend many hours a week on quality film and television, and I have a season ticket to the Royal Danish Theatre in Copenhagen, where I appreciate dance and opera. I read for pleasure every day and have a special fondness for aphorisms and intelligent dialogue, in part because I subscribe to the minimalist idea that less is more.
If you want to get in touch, send me an or a . I’m available under my own name on social media. Although I run my website without any advertisement or financial reward, it’s registered with the Swedish Press and Broadcasting Authority.